Monday, January 10, 2011

My NBA "I Hate" List


For those of you not familiar with concept of an 'I Hate' list, just go here to get the general idea. For those of you already on board, may I proudly present...

My NBA Hate List

*I hate that the Sixers keep trying to win this season. They came into this season without any realistic expectation of competing for a title, so this season should be spent trying to acquire pieces for the future when they can realistically compete for a title.

*I hate that we don’t let Brackins and Turner and Jrue and Young and Speights all play more minutes, everybody else will not be a part of any success we may have three or four years from now.

*Paul Pierce and Nate Robinson. Eff those two, I don’t even have a real reason, they just irritate me as a fan.

*I hate that the Clippers are more exciting than the Sixers now, and that their future appears a lot brighter than the 76ers’.

*I hate that the Clippers let their young guys fail. They have 3 guys in the bottom 15 in turnover ratio, it lets them learn and costs the Clippers games. The Clippers will have a top lottery pick this season, and they have Minnesota’s pick too.(Although, I think that pick is top 10 protected for this draft)

*I hate that I’m also jealous of Minnesota. Beasley, Love, and Rubio is a nice start.

*I hate that the Sixers didn’t make a trade for Michael Beasley, he is crazy-talented and could have been had for NOTHING.

*I hate how hard it is to turn around a mediocre franchise, what makes the NFL great is that a team goes from worst to first every year.

*I hate that every center on our roster blows. Which leads to following hates…

*That the Sixers didn’t make a offer for Al Jefferson, we desperately need a center and Big Al could have been had for practically nothing

*That the Sixers passed on the chance to acquire Amare last season, and this year he may end up getting voted the league MVP.

*That the Sixers didn’t draft DeMarcus Cousins. I like ET, and think he’s going to be a very good player, but he isn’t a good fit on this roster next to Iggy.

*That we knew ET wouldn’t be a good fit ahead of time and picked him anyway. Its not like we were blindsided, ET and Iggy are too similar to coexist, somebody has to spread the floor and it isn’t in either of their games.

*I HATE that Spencer Hawes makes me miss Sam Dalembert.

*I hate that thanks to LeBron creating a super team, and inspiring other players in the league to talk about doing the same thing, that the Sixers will never sign another top of the world type free agent.

*I hate that Allen Iverson is in Turkey. WTF? AI is a legend and should have a job in the states. The price we pay for pride, I guess.

*I hate that despite my best efforts I can not purchase a Turka Cola Allen Iverson jersey, that thing would be epic.

*I hate that Dwight Howard was reported as wanting to go to the Lakers if he doesn’t win soon in Orlando.

*I hate Nick Young.

*I hate that we missed the Tim Duncan lottery by 1 spot. Instead of a generation of Iverson/Duncan at the helm. The Sixers drafted and traded away Keith Van Horn, and ended up with Tim Thomas. Ugh.

*I hate that we missed the Chris Webber lottery by 1 spot. Instead of Webber who is a hall of fame player, and was unguardable for his first 10 seasons, we got Shawn Bradley. Double ugh.

*I hate Shawn Bradley, Keith Van Horn, and Tim Thomas.

*Oh, and Larry Hughes.

*I hate that we drafted Larry Hughes instead of Dirk or Paul Pierce (the next two selections). Pierce is especially tough, since at the time we has a young Theo Ratliff and Derrick Coleman in the front court so not picking Dirk I can understand, but Pierce has turned in a hall of fame career, and we had Jim Jackson at that point. Quintuple ugh.

*I hate that I would give my right arm to see fat and lazy Derrick Coleman on this Sixers team. That guy averaged a double-double his first 7 healthy seasons. (Actually, one year it was 9.5 rpg, but I’ll round up.) Each of those years he averaged over 18 points per contest.

*I hate that a looming blizzard may force me to cancel my planned trip to the Wells Fargo for Sixers-Pacers tomorrow. I wanted to bang out all three games this week, ending with the matinee on MLK.

*I hate that the Sixers will probably go 3-0 this week and announce themselves as a serious playoff contender.

*I hate that this NJ/Melo deal isn’t going through faster, the sooner Melo lands in NJ, the sooner NJ can pass the 76ers in the standings. Btw, if I’m Denver, I wait until the deadline to make this deal, hoping to prevent Jersey from making the leap from lottery team to 7th or 8th seed. I want the pick I get back to have maximum value, so why on earth would I make you a better team sooner than I have to?

That’s all for now I suppose, feel free to add your hates to the comment section.

0 comments:

Post a Comment